Pet Fix is a Charitable Trust based in Dunedin, New Zealand. We provide assistance to local people on a low income to enable them to have their cat or dog spayed or neutered.
Pet Fix understands that in tough economic times many people struggle financially. Sadly animals often fare the worst at these times and things like getting your animal desexed can be way down the priority list.
For many people getting a pet spayed or neutered is a huge expense. Pet Fix aims to make this affordable by subsidising these operations. It costs just $60 for a male cat and $95-110 for a female (depending on age and pregnancy status). An application form for dogs will be coming soon when we have finalised the costings. Depending on circumstances we may be able to negotiate further but we do ask for a fair contribution at some point.
We provide information and advice about:
- health and desexing issues
- how to manage your future pet expenses
- range of prices across Dunedin vets for routine procedures (ie – desexing, vaccinations, microchipping)
- negotiating with your vet
- a vet’s responsibilities
- trapping / catching cats and trap hire.